Friday, June 12, 2009

Update on Matthew

I posted earlier about how last week they had us driving to another city to check on one of the twins. He had low fluid and hadn't grown much but seemed to be doing fine otherwise.

We went to the doctor's Tuesday for a checkup and they admitted me about 7 minutes into the the check up. We had to go for a level 2 u/s because they saw something wrong in the clinic and wanted to double check to make sure everything was ok.

Matthew's heart stopped sometime Monday. His sister is fine and looks like she'll carry to term. They kept me in the hospital for three days. Tuesday they had me on magnesium to stop contractions because I started going into labor. They took me off Wednesday because it was dehydrating me. So far the contractions have all but stopped and they only start up sporadically if I get upset. This morning Clarissa started pushing down but eventually stopped.

They have me at home now on bed rest with strict orders to return if the contractions start up or she starts pushing again. Good news is she's healthy and growing measuring right at 28 weeks and weighs 2lb 10oz. They already got the steroid shots into me in case I have to deliver early, so her lungs should be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment